I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to the athletic training services
we provide to the student athletes at Avon High School.
I will be serving as the athletic trainer at Avon High School. As a nationally certified
and Ohio-licensed athletic trainer, I am educated and skilled in the services of injury
prevention, injury recognition and evaluation, and orthopedic rehabilitation. I will be
available to evaluate and treat injured athletes as well as provide injury prevention
In addition to my services we are fortunate to have Dr.Vikas Patel, DO, from the
Cleveland Clinic as team physician for your school. Dr. Patel treats athletes at his
office and is also present at many Avon High School athletic events.
It is also important to understand that not all injuries can be treated in the high school
If an injured athlete requires additional medical attention, Cleveland
Clinic Sports Medicine can provide priority scheduling with one of our sports
If you need to speak with me, I can be reached at (440) 213-3371 or
I am looking forward to the upcoming school year and wish the best of luck and safety
to your son/daughter in their sports season.
Jim O’Leary, MS, ATC
Coordinator of Athletic Training Services
Cleveland Clinic Sports Medicine
Avon High School is a proud partner with Cleveland Clinic Sports Health which brings together top orthopaedic surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physician assistants, physical therapists, athletic trainers, registered dietitians, radiologists, and exercise physiologists to keep athletes in the game.
Athletic Trainer’s Responsibilities:
- Prevention of injuries/re-injuries
- Recognition, evaluation, and assessment of injuries and condition resulting
- Immediate/emergency care for injuries
- Rehabilitation and reconditioning of injuries
- Parent letter – Cleveland Clinic Athletic Trainer Letter
- Sports Health Treatment Guides – for more information on sports health and specific sports conditions.
- Competitive Edge Newsletter – an enewsletter for athletes, coaches, parents and active individuals, written by Cleveland Clinic Sports Health staff. This publication will keep you informed of the latest health topics, concerns and trends.
Same day appointments available at multiple locations. Call 877-440-TEAM (8326)@avoneagles