Avon Middle School
3445 Long Road
Avon, Ohio 44011
Principal: Craig Koehler
Assistant Principal: Mike Ryan
Athletic Director: Scott Lanham
Click HERE for Physical Packet
Avon Middle School Track & Field
Parents and Athletes,
Signups for those interested in participating in this year’s Avon Middle School Track & Field team will be coming up at the end of January / beginning of February. In the meantime, a current sports physical must be completed by a doctor and turned in to our main office or directly to Mr. Scott Lanham before your child may participate. Sports physicals are good for one calendar year post the initial doctor’s visit/signature.
Our season officially begins February 22nd, but we will be limited in space and opportunities for the first couple of weeks due to weather and gymnasium usage. It will be important that you stay up to date on our practice schedule until the weather is “tolerable” enough for us to practice outside.
Please use the following website to find ALL information about this season
If you have any specific questions whose answers cannot be found on the program’s website, please email your child’s individual head coach.
Girls Team Head Coach: Ben Cable email@example.com
Boys Team Head Coach: Tim Wearsch firstname.lastname@example.org
Avon Middle School Cross Country 2021
Required Items for Participation
- Google Form: Complete Cross Country interest Google Form by clicking the link below.
- Sports Physical: must be completed and signed by your doctor. Physicals are good for one calendar year and on file in our front office. If you do not have a sports physical, or it will expire sometime during the season, you MUST make an appointment to get a physical or you cannot participate. (A CURRENT / NON-EXPIRED physical must be on file in the Front Office before the first day of practice or the first day of optional off season practice.) Click HERE for the form
- Pay to Participate: If this is your first sport there will be a pay to participate fee loaded to your student account in PowerSchool. Payment can be made through PayForIt.net or directly through the front office.
- Online Calendar: Our calendar will be posted online this season. Please use the link to view practice times, meet locations and times. Any changes will be communicated via Team Reach and adjusted on the calendar. Click Here to view the calendar or type the following in a browser: http://bit.ly/amsxc2021
- TeamReach Communication: Please sign up for our TeamReach account to receive text or email notifications regarding practices, meets, weather, and other important information. This will be our main means of communication this season.
GROUP CODE: run21
Avon Eagles Football
Adapt and Overcome
To Pay Football Dues, Click HERE
This calendar shows our football schedule and important dates for the 2020 football season. Workouts inJune were cancelled but players were sent workouts through their Middle School Football Google Classroom to do on their own. Dirty Dozen, Skill Specific Camp and Skill Day workouts in July are strongly encouraged but not required. Strength, speed, agility, and quickness training will be developed during these workout sessions. Players who make 9 out of 13 workouts will be given a helmet sticker and T-Shirt signifying membership in the prestigious Dirty Dozen Club. The Skills Camp is a great opportunity to be coached at your positions by the Varsity Football Coaches.
Four days of TEAM CAMP have been scheduled and players need to realize that this is football practice. We will begin to install our offense and defense for the upcoming season during these camp days. The middle school will be running the same offensive and defensive schemes as the freshman, junior varsity and varsity program. Absences by any team member will adversely affect our team’s success in 2020!
The goal of the M.S. program is to successfully prepare ALL of our players to join the High School program. The 2020 season will bring a challenging schedule. If we are to be successful we must put the TEAM before individual accomplishment. You are part of a ELITE program that is well respected throughout the state. It is your job to appreciate Avon’s past football tradition and build on it. If you can follow the simple formula: Hit, Hustle, Know your Assignment, and Care about your teammates, I have no doubt that “Those Who Stay Will Be Champions” If you have any questions 8th graders contact Coach Matuszak (email@example.com) , and 7th graders contact Coach Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Yours in football,
Middle School Eagles Camp:
*Sign up on the Avon Rec Website https://avonrec.activityreg.com/selectactivity_t2.wcs
*Located @ AMS
1:00-3:30 pm (incoming 7th & 8th graders)
Middle School Team Camp:
*See Attached information
*Located @ AMS for incoming 6th-8th graders
**Return registration & payment to Coach Reichert or Coach Reiter by May 26th
Middle School Tryouts:
*Located @ AMS
August 2, 3 and 4th
8th grade: 8:00am-10:00am
7th grade: 10:00am-12:00pm
Football games are played at Joe Firment Stadium at the Avon Early Learning Center (3075 Stoney Ridge Road) and Volleyball matches are played at Avon Middle School
8th Grade Football: Ken Matuszak
7th Grade Football: Mike Ryan
Basketball games and Wrestling matches are played at Avon Middle School
Boys Basketball: Mike Fitch
Girls Basketball: Megan Larrick
Wrestling: Jeremy Johnson
Track and Field events are at Joe Firment Stadium. Softball games are played at Veterans Memorial Park (3701 Veterans Memorial Pkwy, Avon, OH 44011)
8th Grade Softball: John Clark