*Any staff member who already has a preapproved IPDP can use the paper documents below. Staff members that are going for preapproval must use the electronic version in the Google shared folder: LPDC (If you are having trouble locating this in your Google drive, simply type "LPDC" into the search bar and the folder will show up as a selection.
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the Teacher's Individual Professional Development Plan Directions and Template
CLICK HERE for a Word version of the Teacher's Individual Professional Development Plan Directions and Template
CLICK HERE for a PDF version of the Administrator's Individual Professional Development Plan Directions and Template
CLICK HERE for a Word version of the Administrator's Individual Professional Development Plan Directions and Template
LPDC Licensure Requirements
In order to renew your license, you must do so online through the ODE website. You have to set up an account/password then fill out the application. You pay online and submit the application. Your LPDC then receives an email for our electronic signature. The IRN number that you will need to use to look up your local LPDC is :014527.
Please contact one of your representatives should you have any questions. The preapproval process of your IPDP has not changed.
CLICK HERE to go to the ODE Licensure renewal webpage.
Important Notes from the LPDC
When submitting your IPDP for post-approval, be sure to
- Resubmit the plan that was signed by an LPDC committee member (pre-approval)
- List the classes you are requesting to be post-approved (found directly below the pre-approval signature)
Once you have been post-approved for your new license, get your fingerprinting done!
- The ESCLC in Elyria is recommended for this process. Be sure to bring cash or a check; no credit cards are accepted. Other locations offer fingerprinting, but it is your responsibility to ensure that the prints are sent to the ODE if you choose a different location.
- Do not apply for your new license online until you know that your background check has been cleared. (You can check online). If you apply first before being fingerprinted, there may be a delay and you will be charged to resubmit your application.
The TEE (Teacher Education Exploration) program through LCJVS is no longer providing college credit through a university if you host a TEE student.
However, the LCJVS is providing verification of 36 contact hours (30 contact hours equal 1 semester hour). You may use these contact hours during one licensure cycle (every 5 years), provided that:
- they have been pre-approved;
- they are connected to one of the standards for professional growth;
- they are connected to one of your SMART goals;
- you supply the official letter of documentation from the TEE program for post-approval.